POSITION TITLE: Art Center Administrator
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for the day-to-day operation of Glastonbury Arts Center. Provides administrative and customer relations support to events presented by Glastonbury Arts and directs the day-to-day activities of individuals who use or service the Art Center.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Develops the art school curriculum and schedule of art classes for adults, teens, and children based on assessment of need and financial viability; registers students for classes providing advice on appropriate class choice; ensures that the school operates within budget parameters.
Provides administrative, publicity, and customer relations support for special events such as the On the Green Fine Art & Craft Show, Holiday Fine Art Exhibition and Sale, Glastonbury Art Walk, Got Art, etc., which includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with and/or staff event registration.
- Post publicity for events via Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact.
- Prepare and/or assemble event handouts, registration packets, etc.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the art center which includes but is not limited to:
- Pick-ups/retrieves mail from post office, e-mail, voice mail, phone inquiries; responds to same and/or refers to appropriate Board member, committee chair, or volunteer.
- Maintains accurate and orderly files and computer records.
- Maintains accurate database in support of membership, donations, and special events.
- Directs the activities of individuals who use or service the art center (teachers, volunteers, grounds maintenance, facility cleaning, etc.).
Maintain and update accurate financial records using QuickBooks (e.g., pay bills, process bi-weekly payroll, follow-up on outstanding accounts payable, monthly reconciliation of account balances, etc.); works with Treasurer and Accountant to create special reports or respond to required tax filings.
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION: 15 hours per week, ideally 3 hours per day, 5 days per week, flexing hours as may be required.
REQUIREMENTS: Prior experience with art media and supplies is strongly advisable. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs, QuickBooks (or equivalent application), and the Internet. Prior experience with social media and database programs is a plus. Reliable personal transportation must be available for use in fulfilling some duties.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Strong organizational abilities and willingness to exercise initiative. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Responsive to deadlines and shifting priorities.
Please send resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com